Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Awarded a top Moldovan employer of the year in 2021, our growing team in Chișinău develops the product, design, engineering, and marketing that brings our community of passionate fans together.
About The Team:
The Crunchyroll Android team is responsible for building and maintaining all Android apps which are a core part of the Crunchyroll business. Code quality, top-notch performance, and cool new technologies are our priorities. And we don’t forget about our users and the community! We’re also on top of the automation game and have an extensive toolkit that makes our day-to-day activities a breeze.
A day in the life of our Android Software Engineer:
- 3+ years of experience in Android development
- Excellent knowledge of Kotlin (and Java)
- Experience working with AndroidX and other Jetpack libraries, Kotlin Coroutines, MVVM/MVP, Android UI and animations, Retrofit and OkHttp, accessibility
- Deep understanding of software architectures and passion for code quality. Understanding and practical experience with design patterns. Ability to choose the best suitable architecture depending on the project and business requirements.
- Experience with unit and integration testing in Android
- Strong software development and design fundamentals
- Good knowledge of Git
- Capable of clear, productive, and empathetic communication
- Proficient in English
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of Crunchyroll Android apps
- Architect clean and maintainable code collaborating with other engineers, designers, and product managers, influencing existing and future features
- Advocate for best practices in code design, performance, and testing
- Prioritize autonomy while collaborating with the rest of the Android team, mentoring other engineers
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
- Stay Healthy - Private health insurance including dental and vision care and full insurance package for kids; Pregnancy and post-pregnancy coverage;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, extended social and paternity leaves, 5 extra fully paid sick days with no justification required, summer Fridays off, company Christmas vacation, flexible schedule & hybrid working mode;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages, meals reimbursement;
- Find Balance - On-site gym & showers, gym membership refund, camping sets and bikes free rental, counseling via Onlive.md and Talkspace;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll; Crunchyroll Store discount;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy account, foreign language classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, Happy Hours, team buildings & celebrations;
- Take the prize - End-year bonus, recognition award, impact award, and referral bonus;
- That's not all - Team bonding budget, facilities compensation, global anniversary & birthday recognition program, gifts for special occasions & others.
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com
email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of a Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected]
before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.