Moorwand is a London headquartered Electronic Money Institution (EMI) that is regulated by the FCA to provide e-money and payment services. Our largest office is in Chisinau, where many of our operational functions are based.
We provide a range of payment products to corporate clients, providing solutions to their own payment needs or enabling them to offer products and services to their own clients. It works with a number of providers and clients to provide key services that support its business lines.
The Technical Operations Team are the point of contact between the business and our infrastructure and development provider to ensure technical stability, operability and compliance with card/payment schemes and regulatory controls. They are also responsible for requirements gathering within the business, prioritisation of development activities, change management and product development. The team are responsible for incident management and escalation within the business.
- Lead the business in developing our strategy to facilitate business growth;
- Keep up with emerging security threats and assist the Board in understanding potential security issues and proactively acting to mitigate threats;
- Work closely with third-party service providers to manage technical relationships, workload prioritisation, change management and continuously improve systems and controls;
- Enhance technology and security policies, processes and risk management frameworks for our products, architecture, support and clients;
- Protect corporate and customer data from internal and external threats;
- Assist with reporting and audit requirements for regulatory and audit purposes;
- Identify and deliver training needs across the business and with technical teams;
- Own technical elements of business continuity and operational resilience policies.
Due to the nature of the role, it is likely that occasional travel to the UK office or other business premises could be required.
- Undertaking internal control reviews, ensuring policy and procedures are appropriately designed and evidencing they are adhered to and operating effectively.
- Assisting with the development of external testing and third-party assurance. Leading engagements, assessments and report writing. Developing risk assessments, monitoring plans, policies and procedure reviews, and escalations.
- Providing compliance-related guidance and advice across the business on regulatory matters, product design and controls, including setting standards for third parties and clients.
- Creating and maintaining documentation and templates to aid business functions.
- Reviewing internal policy and documentation, performing gap analysis against regulatory guidance.
- Providing mentoring and training to team members.
- Horizon scanning – reviewing regulatory and scheme updates and requirements, performing gap and impact analysis, communicating and assisting with changes.
- Quality assurance and support for operational teams.
- Strong communication skills with fluent written and spoken English;
- University degree in Computer Science or a similar field, or a proven work record and demonstrable training and certifications;
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior manager in a similar role;
- Demonstrable experience with internationally recognised standards such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, NIST, with the ability to own and implement the delivery of standards across a business;
- Understanding of requirements from relevant regulations (PSD2, GDPR);
- Experience with agile, cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Atlassian Cloud, Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, etc.), API/Webhook, VPN, remote desktop, Active Directory, SFTP, and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is a plus;
- Excellent oral and written skills – comfort engaging with all stakeholders, from new members of staff, clients, the Board etc.
- Ideally, experience or a strong interest in fintech, payments, cryptocurrency.
The Company is offering:
- Official contract according to Moldovan Legislation;
- Benefits of the IT Park according to IT park Legislation;
- Modern office in the center of Chisinau with all the facilities and relaxing areas;
- Full paid training;
- Paid lunch or compensation;
- Fruits, coffee machine and regular team buildings;
- Flexible working hours and other benefits;
- International work experience;
- Friendly environment;
- ...and much more.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV at the following e-mail address: [email protected]. Please include your notice period and salary expectation.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED!
In the subject line, please specify the following: Chief Information Security & Technology Officer Application