Place of work: Bratislava, Slovakia
Wage (gross): from 2 200 EUR/month btto
Less experienced candidate from: 2000 EUR/month btto. *The final basic wage component can be increased accordingly to individual skills and experience of the selected candidate.
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
As a member of the Network Features team you will join the Core Technology Development department under the Endpoint Solutions and Technology Division. You will grow your skills and contribute to the overall success of our products. The main focus of the team is to develop several network related features that are present in various ESET products running on Windows, Linux and Android platforms. It includes application level firewall, http protocol filtering, SSL interception, network signature based attack protection, network device discovery protection and others.
The team also develops Cloud Native network security applications running on Kubernetes cluster.
As a Software Engineer in the Network Features team, your responsibilities will be:
- Participation on the development of assigned components and applications
- Development of internal tools for collected network data analysis
- Development of Cloud Native microservices for network security application
- Designing multi-container applications and components
- Participation in code reviews as a member of an agile team
- Cooperation with multiple development teams and stakeholders across the company
Requirements for the employee
- Ideally 2+ years of experience with C++ in a developer role
- Keen interest in networking, security and cloud (protocols, technologies, development etc.)
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Golang
- Knowledge about Kubernetes, Docker, containerization technologies in general
- Knowledge about Cloud Native ecosystem (gRPC, Helm, Prometheus, Linkerd etc.)
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira / Confluence) and Git
Experience, skills and other requirements specific to the role:
- English (B2)
- Analytical thinking, conceptual and systematic approach
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Willingness to learn new things, open mind
Employee perks, benefits
Digi Talents programme benefits
The job position is supported by the EU-funded labour mobility programme Digi Talents for ICT professionals between Slovakia and Moldova. The programme represents a unique opportunity to boost your professional career and more information at https://digitalents.md
In addition to the conditions and benefits from the company described above, the programme Digi Talents will provide you with additional benefits:
To apply for the job, you must fill out the application at https://digitalents.md/apply-form/
If you have any questions, contact us via emails [email protected] and [email protected]
Brief description of the company
The beginnings of ESET date back to 1987, when two young programming enthusiasts, Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka, wrote a program for the detection of one of the world’s first computer viruses.
They did not know that they had created one of the most successful antivirus programs in the world – dubbing it NOD. In 1992, together with their mutual friend Rudolf Hrubý, they formally established
ESET. What started as the brainchild of a few friends has evolved into the most valuable international brand of any Slovak company. Today ESET’s NOD32 technology protects over 100 million users across the world.
This success did not come overnight. The company’s global success and growth was given a boost in 1998 with its first “VB100” award from the prestigious Virus Bulletin magazine. Since then, we’ve
received this accolade more than 100 times. Today, over 1,800 employees around the world drive the company’s success – a telling increase from 3 in 1987 and 135 in 2006. Almost 900 of them are based in Slovakia, the home of ESET headquarters. Throughout the company’s expansion, we have stayed true to the principles on which we were founded, and we remain independent in order to continue to meet new challenges.
Brief description of the Digi Talents programme
Digi Talents programme is implemented with the financial assistance of the European Union, contracted by ICMPD through the Migration Partnership Facility. The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of EMA – Development and Mobility Agency (EMA) and Moldovan Association of ICT Companies (ATIC) and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the
European Union and the one of ICMPD.